Last week I wrote about my 30 day #socialenlightenment experiment, to step away from social media for that time period. First, the successes:
- I’ve stayed off of 4 of the 5 sites I regularly visit – FB, Twitter, G+, and Pinterest- all week!
YouTube was the only site I managed to get sucked into yesterday. To give myself credit I felt the pull to check out some videos on a social cause I’m interested in, to find out more perspectives on it and to understand the depth of the issue better. At least that’s what I’m telling myself…;-)
Still, I think that this week I’d love to completely step back from even YouTube because of the positive takeaways from cutting out the other sites this week:
- I finally had time to get out to the park for a short walk
- I fit a phone call in to my sister
- I finished up a writing project, started a small re-do, read a book and a half on health and activism, and spent more time interacting with my “pet” family
- I began to feel more positive about life again and laughed a little more
So this week the go is to go cold turkey on all social media – wish me luck! And let me know what your thoughts are on skipping the online socialization for a while in favor of more “real” world #socialenlightenment.