We’ve Been Recognized!
Great news! Not only have we been nominated for the Infinity Dreams Award, but now for the Liebster Award as well! This recognition is given by bloggers who feel that a blog has a bright future ahead of it.
To say how excited we are is really an understatement. We are honored that our work, our time, and our souls poured onto polished pages have set these amazing blessings in motion! Many, many thanks to Crystal at HappilyEverUncluttered for nominating us! Her amazing organizational insights and DIY posts provide valuable resources for living the simple life. And we love the witty wordplay of her children’s book, Cuckoo Cocoa Kokomo.
Now, it is our turn to pay it forward.
We’ve nominated 10 other bloggers for their hard work and dedication:
- Margaret’s Yoga Party :Yoga with Some Side-Splitting Cynicism
- Journey With D:Insightful Encouragement for Your Dreams
- Stringfellow & Co.:Mothering Tips from the Trenches – Including DIY Projects
- Whole Living Large:Whole Food Recipes by Category w/a Main Course of Christian Living
- Rhoda Design Studio:Unbelievably Flexible Website Help Plans & Stellar Traffic Tips
- Parenting Children with Hurts:In Depth A-to-Z Foster Parenting Advice
- Elomusicblog:A Personal Journey to Self-Actualization
- Chaotic Bliss Homeschooling:Helpful and Hilarious Advice From the Trenches of Tuned-In Teaching
- Woman Vs. World:Encouraging Cooperation and Empowerment Among Women
- Retiretulumjungle.com: Sustainable Retired Living in Paradise. We’re Waiting for the “We Need a Housesitter” Post.
Here is the criteria that must be met in order to be nominated and to accept the award:
- You must thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge into your post.
- Nominate 10 other fellow bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 10 questions that have been asked of you and create 10 more questions for the fellow bloggers you have nominated.
- And lastly, contact your nominees and make their day by letting them know that they have been nominated!
Here are our nominee’s question:
1. You as a little kid. What did you want to be when you grew up?
2. When did you discover your passion for the written word?
3. Is there anyone who is your inspiration?
4.What is the most powerful moment of your life?
5. What piece of advice would you give someone younger than you?
6. What is your favorite cereal?
7. What is your favorite cartoon?
8. Who is your favorite author and why?
9. Who is your favorite musician and why?
10. Since there are no limits, what are your dreams and goals?
Questions from Crystal: (Answered by Trina)
1. Who is your biggest influence in the blogging world?
I must answer this in two parts. My biggest influence in the blogging world would be Kirstie. We have known each other since our crazy undergrad days at The Ohio State University. I am so blessed that she was paying attention to all of my random, quirky Facebook posts and my dream-child ramblings in cyber world. When she asked me to accompany her on this journey, I was truly humbled. That was a good day. We had just had a reunion of the Buckeye Diva Club—all of us who were the best of friends back in the day—complete with tiaras! It was a great evening reconnecting and when she asked me to join the Schmucks team, and told me about the premise behind the blog, I was on board instantly.
I am also influenced by all of the bloggers out there keeping the written word alive and in living color. It is truly a joy for us to be in such great company!
2. What is something about you that you wish you could change?
To be able to write full time and continue producing books, and to produce words that change the world for the better.
3. What is your goal with your blog for the next year?
To get bigger and better post by post and connect with all of the cool people in the blogosphere.
4. What is your favorite food?
Anything that can be shared with the people you love. I happen to be vegetarian and really enjoy creating things that challenge me—creating vegetarian dishes that everyone would love, and vegetarian spins on down-home favorites and comfort food.
5. What is your favorite season?
Autumn for sure! I am one of those insane pumpkin people. I love everything about Fall…football, sweater weather, leaves—it is just the most magical time of year—when Mother Nature and Father Time really show off and we get to be the lucky ones to stand in awe of the expression of their love affair.
6. What made you decide to take the leap and start blogging?
Kirstie. I had a couple of blogs years ago, but there is something about a partnership that makes you create in ways that challenge you. It is equally wonderful to have a friend that you can bounce ideas off of without having ego get in the way or needing to explain yourself. We have over twenty years of trust built and very thick skin. We also love ideas and the big questions of life. It is great to be able to dream out loud with someone you don’t have to translate your dreams to.
7. What is your greatest accomplishment in life?
Up to this point, being a mom and surfing all of those challenges and growing through it all. I am definitely a different mom in my 40s than I was in my 20s. But the youthfulness of my 20s helps me not be serious all of the time, which is important when you are relating to children. Also learning to forgive the “unforgivable”—if there is any practice that helps you grow, and that means you must die to self, it is that. Chaos can create some beautiful art, but forgiveness gives it the kind of soul that reaches deep and makes it sing.
8. What is your most favorite thing of all time to do?
Be surrounded by music and art/writing. I can live without television, but music and art/writing—that’s impossible. Some of the best art/writing I have done has been to music. Sometimes a scrambled mind can be untangled by a chorus or unraveled by a well-placed lyric. I have cured writer’s block with music. I will not do without it.
9. What is your favorite book?
The one that I have yet to read that will make me speechless.
10. Would you rather visit the beach or the mountains?
A cabin in the mountains with books, music, a beautiful fire, friends and family to visit and laugh and talk…a front porch I can have coffee on in the very early morning wrapped in the softest blanket I can find while sitting in a rocking chair. A really rustic, yummy food with homemade bread. Yeah, the mountains.
Even though I have been the one to answer these questions, we are overjoyed to have been nominated for the Liebster Award. Kirstie and I warmly thank Crystal at HappilyEverUncluttered blog for nominating us for this award and thank all of our readers new and old for tuning in for our continued fumbling towards enlightenment, Schmuck style. We’ll see you all at the top!